FYI: I am not fluent in English, I’m trying to be at least. Sorry for the potentials mistakes. Feel free to correct me in the comment section.
The pack of cigarettes is still here, untouched.
«- Is this a fucking nightmare once again?!»
He tense up, waiting for something to happen. A couple of minutes passed without something happening excepted for a dull silent.
Jack look at the ceiling, the smoke stain looked like a rabbit, like the first time he entered the room.
«- That’s… the fucking sign!»
He waited another five minutes. Nothing.
With a little bit of anxiety, he looked back again at the ceiling, still the same rabbit form.
The author fell asleep without noticing it. The fire alarm woke him up.
«- This is a nightmare! You’ll not foul me this time!»
A knock on the door and the voice of the young hotel clerk rose along the horrible alarm noise:
«- Mister, you have to exit the room, we have a fire here!
- Ah! You stupid motherfucker!
- Sir please! This is not a drill! Come out quickly!
- Yeah! And the giant snake is as long as my cock!
- What… this is not a joke! Yes, ladies and gentleman, leave through those stairs and gather to the front desk!
- Is my fucking bitch of a wife here by any chance?
- No! Sir, come on quick!
- Of course, that’s definitely what’s a liar would say!
- I can open the door for you and then, you’ll have to make a run for it!»
Jack was smelling the fire and started feeling the heat.
«- Very elaborate nightmares! You fucking… I don’t have words for this shit! And I’m a writer! »
The door opened and the young man passed his head through the doorway:
«- Ok, now I will leave, you better get the hell out of here! Because it’s gonna be… well, hell ! Come on sire, I’m leaving. If you stay well… God have mercy on your soul!
- Fuck off! Let me alone Sonia! Where are you dumb bitch! Come on! Make this nightmare end already! Or make it more original! Jesus! A fire? How creative!»
The only answer was the fire swallowing the wall in front of him, making the same noise as the wind during a storm with cracking sounds added to it.
Jack took his notebook to write about the aesthetics of the fire when he noticed the pack of cigarettes untouched. He looked at the ceiling to see the smoke mark looking like a rabbit being devoured by flames.
This was real.
«- Fuck me! Jack you stupid fool!»
He took his notebook, let his trousers and grabbed his laptop, that was about to be destroyed, not without burning is hand.
As he ran outside, the roof started falling and he would have been a dead man if the hotel clerk didn’t grabbed him and pushed him toward the stairs.
After joining the other clients gathered in choc in front of the desk, Jack coughed, his lungs were suffocating him.
Red and blue lights flashed on the tired and anxious faces.
«- Sorry kid, had a weird nightmare and thought that… y’know.
- Well, it’s probably more than a nightmare that you had. You probably sleepwalked, you are the one who started the fire!
- What are you on about!
- I saw you using a deodorant and a lighter and running around yelling non-sens words!
- What? No!
- I saw you too you crazy asshole! Said an old lady.
- I… no! It’s a dream! You are my bitchy wife aren’t you! »
Jack punched the aged women in the face. The patrons restrained him until police arrive and took him to the nearest mental hospital.
Today, Jack still thinks that he is stuck in a nightmare. His goal is to go back to that hotel room to wake up.
The only problem, the hotel doesn’t exist anymore. In fact, it was an abandoned motel.
Jack was found by the police half-naked, screaming and yelling, alone in front of the burning abandoned building.
P.S. : JOYEUX NOËL À VOUS TOUS !