« – From the beginning, I knew you would be trouble!
- Then why did you stayed with me? »
B. and F. were once again in a middle of a fight. The arguments were getting more and more regulars. They both asked themselves if they still loved one another. Both thoughts yes, but somehow, they managed to ruin their relationship.
« – I was hoping that I was wrong… That you’ll prove me wrong!
- This was a test then? All this time, this was just some kind of game for you?
- And you failed!
- I’m glad ! Not all failures are bad, I’ve just learned that because of you, thanks! »
This was spiraling, every day, the guts wrenching bouts kept getting more violent. They both felt that dreadful feeling; what will happen the day the words will not be enough anymore? They knew that if they’ll continue in that way, it will turn physical. They knew, they knew! But they loved each other, that’s the worst part of love. Loving to the point of reaching a point of no return. Their love will turn into hate. If they had to fall into this dark corner, they would fall in it together. What if? What if it was a necessary step to finally stop the downward spiral ? No, love, love is a complicated feeling, but to reach the point of physical and verbal violence, it will turn life into a living nightmare. But… this is love? Love right? It supposed to beat everything isn’t it?
« – No one will ever want you anyway.
- I was only with you because I pities you. I’m way too good for you.
- I gave you everything!
- Good, it wasn’t enough. You are a failure.
- Yet, you’re the one who slowly but surely undermining our relationship.
- You played you fair part in destroying it, hypocrite… »
When, how did all started to crumble? It’s strange, but both couldn’t figures out the starting point of the downfall of their relationship. No, actually, they both had their little ideas, but no, this wasn’t something that started this ongoing conflict. It was something lurking in the shadow of their love, something dark, in both of them. They probably are the kind of people who want their lover’s soul. They want everything from the other, taking everything. Passion? Yes, that had to be it. Passionate crime… that what’s will happen if none of them admit defeat. But no! The relationship will end, because one of them have to be defeated by the other, it’s no fun anymore, it’s serious.
« – When I look in your eyes, I don’t recognize the person I’ve fallen in love with.
- How could I be so stupid. I should have known that something was wrong with you since the beginning. Too many red flags.
- See, you’re weak. Stupid even. You’re stupid. I’m ashamed to be seen with you since the beginning. Should have listened to my friends.
- Speaking of stupid, your friends aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. But hey, you choose them.
- I have chosen you!
- Did you? Can you choose who you’ll fall in love with? That would be a first! Or you have really chosen me because nobody would love you. I’m glad all this time with spend together was a waste of your time. I loved every minute with you. It’s over, I’ll get over it, but I did grow during our relationship. For you, it’s a waste of time you’ll never get back. »
This was that last phrase that ended their relationship.
Their was love, at last.